Whether you’re a working mom or a stay-at-home mom, your weekend looks may vary from your weekday looks simply because the weekend allows for relaxation and even some time away from your little ones.
The weekends may open the door for time with your girlfriends or your significant other, which means having fun with fashion is in the cards, and trust me when I tell you that looking chic doesn’t have to be complicated or stressful.
The two looks we’ve found here from Sherry, a fantastic fashionista who shares her talents in the polyvore communityÂ can serve as inspiration for putting classic pieces together with a few great accessories that pop, pulling a chic look together.
Tips to Looking Weekend Chic:
- Stock your wardrobe with classic pieces like the jean capris or skinny white jean – both of which are perfect for the summer months.
- Add variety by pulling in colorful blouses in bright hues fitting for the season while also keeping classic staples like fitted tees in gray, white and other neutrals.
- Add a pop of color through patterns in your accessories – in the spring months a light scarf works well. For any month throughout the year, a fun patterned pump like the one pictured above takes the solid top and jeans from bland to chic in an instant bringing the whole look together.
- Classic leather, but neutral in color handbags should be a staple in any wardrobe and can be a quality investment piece when chosen carefully.
- Jewelry pieces are always needed but choose carefully – delicate earrings and bangles are sometimes a better option over statement jewelry depending on the pops of color or pattern you have happening in your other accessories.
- Some things to consider adding in the mix of weekend chic staples that are not pictured here: aviator shades, a fedora, oversized watch, bangles and ballet flats – all of these things would be great additions to a weekend chic wardrobe.
Which of these two looks would you be willing to try?