Watch Out Hipstamatic, KitCam App Is the New Kid in Town
Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a big fan of Hipstamatic. Hands down, it has been one of my favorite camera apps for the past few years. Sure, there have been new apps that have come along but none that let me control the photo like Hipstamatic.
But, Hipstamatic may have some competition. Watch out, there is a new app in town called KitCam and it has come to play.
Kitcam is designed with ease and userabilty in mind, with stunning effects that even the most novice photographer can use. KitCam is a must-have for moms who loves taking pictures or shooting video.â€¨â€¨Yes, it even works on your video. Donâ€™t we all?
KitCam is a virtual camera kit that contains an amazing assortment of lenses, films, and frames, which can be used to create incredible effects and turn your photos and videos into stunning works of art. â€¨â€¨Itâ€™s a lot like Hipstamatic, but KitCam took it to the next level.
Iâ€™m just waiting for the release of more lenses and films, like Hipstamatic. I love that KitCam lets you apply the effects to your photo before you shoot it and allows you to see what it will look like, instead of getting a surprise, like with Hipstamatic.
Live exposure and white balance compensation allow you to manually control for dynamic change in the exposure and temperature of your photo or video; all in real time. â€¨â€¨Take amazing photos under any conditions using automatic mode or the manual controls to adjust separate focus and exposure points.
It even has high speed burst mode to ensure that you never miss that perfect shot waiting for the previous photo to upload because we all know, toddlers wait for no man or woman.
Using the shot editor, you will never have to fear losing your photo ever again. Your original photo is always safe; all filters and edits can be undone or changed back at any time.â€¨â€¨ Auto archiving allows you to automatically back up every photo you take. Or manually share to any of your favorite social media destinations.
- Live Preview FXâ€¨. Camera attachments (lenses, films, frames) can be previewed in real time before you take a photo and can be changed or removed even after its been taken using the shot editor.â€¨â€¨ This is my favorite feature.
- There are 15 lenses that add effects like vignettes, tilt shift, pinhole, fisheye and kaleidoscopeâ€¨.
- There are 32 films that emulate the look of various vintage and black & white films.
- There are 20 frames that you can use to uniquely showcase your photosâ€¨.
- KitCam has exposure & white balance compensation controls like on a real camera.
- Full HD Video Recording. â€¨Record full HD video (1080p available on iPhone 5 only) with incredible live FX. Automatic video stabilization reduces shaky video and keeps your video looking sharp (iOS 6 only) and not like you were on a rocking boat the entire time you filmed.
- Stabilizer. â€¨Avoid blurry photos using the Stabilizer mode. â€¨â€¨How discouraging it is to take what I think is the perfect shot, only to look at it and see that the photo is blurry and the moment has passed.
- Photo Sharing. â€¨Share multiple photos at once to destinations like Facebook, Flickr, Dropbox, Instagram, Tumblr. We all do it and it was about time someone made it easier.
I canâ€™t believe that I am saying it and the jury is still out, but KitCam could really give Hipstamatic a run for itâ€™s money, and that is saying a lot coming from a die-hard Hipstamatic fan.
Whatâ€™s your favorite camera app?
Photo Source: iTunes