There is nothing better in our house than homemade granola bars. We adore them. They are healthy, they taste phenomenal and the girls and I enjoy making them together.
This is a recipe that a girlfriend shared with me. It is one of the easiest recipes IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve ever made and you will wow your children with the taste of these homemade granola bars.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cut shredded coconut
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips or raisins or other dried fruit of your choice!
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl. (I let the girls take turns dumping in the ingredients. The kitchen is usually filled with giggles and laughter. My heart is full.)
- Line 9×13 pan with foil and spread mixture. (IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢d recommend spraying your foil with a little cooking spray just to make sure that your granola doesnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t stick.)
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, let cool a bit and then cut into squares. I know itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s hard to keep little ones away from yummy goodness, especially when they helped make it, but believe me it will be worth it. Too hot granola will burn little onesÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ mouths. We usually distract with a dance party while the granola cools. ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s fun and it burns some calories so you can eat your granola guilt free.
What is your favorite recipe to cook with your little ones?
Photo Source: SMoorenburg