Maxi dresses are my yoga pants for spring and summer. They’re the perfect way to stay comfortable and fashionable all at the same time. For those of you who are of the stay-at-home with your kids variety, stocking a large number of these beauties is a must.
The length of the dress allows you to lift your strollers in and out of your vehicle without showing off your unmentionables. They flow over curves and are forgiving in all the right places.
The maxi dress can be dressed up or ultra casual, which is perfect for the laid back day at the park with the kids or a date night with your significant other. Choose 3-5 styles that hit all the current trends and put them into the wardrobe rotation to spice this season up.
Above you’ll find samples of dresses that hit all the current trends and meet your comfort and fashionista needs.
- Color Blocking Beauty -Â This BCBG dress is a splurge, but find a similar budget friendly version and you’ll be stunning at the company picnic or next play date.
- Bold but Feminine PatternÂ - Patterns don’t have to be intimidating when chosen properly. This Dorothy PerkinsÂ dress has the bold and feminine look complete with colors of the season. This dress could be dressed down with flat sandals for day or dressed up with heels and bangles for date night with your honey.
- Simple Color -Â This simple bandeau dress by Miss SelfridgeÂ is affordable and a simple classic that could be belted or left without any accessory at all. You could add a bold statement necklace to take it up several notches for night or wear a delicate chain for a lunch date with friends.
- Classic StripesÂ - Stripes are timeless and you really cannot go wrong. Add a pop of color with your accessories to change up your look. If it’s chilly, add a mustard colored scarf. Throw on some red flats and a gold cuff on the wrist to create a nautical look. This dress will go with you season to season, so don’t be afraid to spend a little more money on this particular piece.
- Pop of ColorÂ - Picking a vibrant hue for a standout piece this year is something to consider, because color is all the rage this season. This is a piece where you could consider being a little more thrifty if you’re purchasing a trendy color like this bright orange, because it’s possible it may be a singular season kind of dress. If you aren’t a fan of trendy, then stick with timeless brights like Kelly Green, Magenta or Eggplant.
Which of these dresses would you purchase?Â