A reader told me about the Total Baby application and I had to look into it. Iâ€™m blown away. My girls are 4 and 7, so a little past the nursing, pumping, changing diapers stage but this would have made life so much easier if I had this when my girls were newborns.
I wrote everything down, because we all know, new baby brain is far worse than pregnancy brain. This would have streamlined my entire experience.
Here is a list of a few of the many, many features
-Complete summary of your child’s day grouped by time (Early Morning, Morning, Afternoon, and Evening).
- The amount of time since the last timed start or end date for each event.
- Your child’s current age, days until their next birthday, and most recent photo.
- Change the start time, description or notes of active timers.
- Jump to any date using arrow buttons or a date picker.
TIMERS:(All timers will automatically stop in case you get too busy to remember to turn it off)
- Feeding (Nursing / Bottles / Solids – fluid and solid selection changes dynamically based on the child’s age)
- Bath Time
- Other (Create your own timer or single events like Medicine or Temperature)
ENTRIES: (The baby’s age is shown for every entry)
-Diary and Milestones (Add photos with the built in camera or use previously saved photos)
- Doctor Visits (Grouped by Past and Future Appointments)
- Growth (Weight, Height & Head Percentiles and Charts 0-36 months with CDC or WHO datasets)
- Vaccines (Pre-loaded with vaccine description and information)
My favorite feature is the “diary.” Remember all those baby books we started and never had time to actually write in? Total baby puts a diary right at our fingertips. How awesome is this app? Almost makes you want to have another baby just to be able to use this app, right? Almost!
Whatâ€™s your favorite parenting app?
Photo Credit: iTunes