Does your family have family fun night? It sounds hokey, I know but it is definitely something that works in our home. We think of it as a family date. ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s the one night a week when we stop the entire obligation, Mommy doesnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t work online, Daddy doesnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t do any work from home and the girls get our undivided attention.
Family fun night is usually on Friday night and it usually consists of take-out, a movie of the girlsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ choice, or puzzles, games or a rousing session of Rock Band. ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s even been sÃ¢â‚¬â„¢mores by the campfire or a night out with a fancy dinner and the ballet. It all depends on the week.
As you can see, family fun night can be anything that you do with your family just to enjoy one anotherÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s company. The possibilities are endless. Your only limitation is your imagination.
Here are some possibilities:
- Family bike ride to see the leaves change
- Family taco and game night
- Family pajama jam and black and white movie
- Trivial Pursuit night
- Make your own pizza and puzzle night
- Halloween scavenger hunt in the neighborhood
- Rock climbing
- Ice skating
- Roller skating
- Cinema Grill and a stroll downtown
- Apple picking and lunch in the park
- A day at the pumpkin patch, sipping hot cider and eating donuts
The bottom line is that itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s not what you do; itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s whom you spend your time doing it with. ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s amazing what a few hours a week, just spending the evening completely present with your children and spouse, can do for those relationships.
What does your family do together for fun?
Photo Source: Tetra Pak