If you mention a long flight or being stuck in any small space for an extended amount of time with small children, most parentsâ€™ gut reaction is not to travel, especially not overseas.
Iâ€™ve traveled half-way across the country with my children in a car and I must admit, we almost didnâ€™t survive; what with me losing my mind, the kids out of theirs and my husband driving as quickly as possible to get to our destination. We vowed to never do that again, so traveling internationally was out of the question.
But there is a lot to be said for traveling with children if you take a few simple steps. There are so many benefits that your children will reap from traveling abroad.
- International traveling allows you to submerse your child in the customs, culture and language of another country. This will allow for hands on learning of the language. This cannot be taught in any school.
- Submersing your child in other countries’ customs, cultures and languages teaches a respect and tolerance for people of other nations and to be at ease when amongst them.
- Your child will be more open minded and comfortable traveling throughout life.
- Your child will gain self-confidence in social situations.
- Your child will be exposed to new perspectives and ideas about the world he/she lives in.
- Your child will gain life experience and form unique memories of their time spent traveling and exploring a new country with you.
What do you think is the number one benefit to traveling abroad with your child?
Photo Source: Local Travel Photos