Slow Cooker Lasagna Recipe
I do my best not to use my oven much in the summer months. There’s no sense in heating the kitchen up just to make the air conditioning work twice as hard, but there are some dishes I don’t want to give up for the whole summer like lasagna. As a result, I’ve come up with a low-carb crockpot lasagna recipe instead. It’s delicious, and doesn’t take any longer to put together than regular lasagna. And it’s good any time of year.
Crockpot Lasagna Recipe
- 1 lb. ground mild Italian sausage
- 1 jar pizza sauce
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp parsley
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded (about 10â€³ long)
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Brown sausage in skillet and drain.
- Spray 6 quart crockpot with oil.
- Spread thin coating of pizza sauce in bottom of crockpot.
- Add 1/2 of sausage over the sauce as bottom layer.
- Add remaining pizza sauce to the rest of the sausage in skillet, along with garlic powder and parsley.
- Layer half of the zucchini and spinach over sausage in the crockpot
- Top evenly with 1/2 of the ricotta cheese.
- Add 1 cup. of mozzarella cheese spread evenly.
- Add with 1/2 of hamburger mixture, spreading evenly into a layer.
- Top with veggies and the rest of the ricotta cheese.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the mozzarella cheese.
- Top with Parmesan.
- Cook on low 3 â€“ 3 Â½ hours.
Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
This slow cooker lasagna recipe makes 8 good-size servings or a good option for a hot dish to bring to a covered dish event. While I initially started making this in the summer months to avoid the oven heating up the house, it has become a favorite in the winter months, too. The crockpot cleans up so much easier than a pan with baked-on cheese from the oven.