There is absolutely nothing better in this world than a dessert that is easy to make, tastes phenomenal and is low in calories (about 250 per serving). That is how I came up with this light, refreshing dessert recipe for Roasted Pineapple with Coconut Rum Infused Whipped Cream.
- 1 medium ripe pineapple, peeled, cored and sliced into Ã‚Â½ inch thick slices
- Ã‚Â½ cup of packed brown sugar
- Ã‚Â½ cup of pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 8 oz. of heavy whipping cream
- Ã‚Â¼- Ã‚Â½ cup of raw sugar
- 1 jigger of Malibu (or a coconut rum of your choice)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, stir together the honey, pineapple juice and brown sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add pineapple and coat. Let marinate for 10 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Place pineapple slices on a baking sheet. Save marinade. Roast pineapple for 15 minutes. Flip pineapple. Brush with marinade. Roast until tender and marinade becomes caramelized (an additional 15 minutes). Drizzle the remaining marinade on the pineapple slices. Let pineapple cool slightly while you blend the topping.
- In a bowl, blend heavy whipping cream and Malibu rum. Gradually add sugar to the mixture while whipping on medium with an electric mixer. After all sugar is added, whip on high until whipped cream is thick and rises to stiff peaks.
- Place 2 slices of pineapple on each plate. Spoon a heaping dollop of the Malibu infused whipped cream on top. Garnish with mint. Serve and enjoy.
Photo Source: Darwin Bell