I love scented candles â€“ partly because I like the house to smell good and partly because we have an old house, several kids, four dogs, and two cats. A buttercream scented candle makes is smell like I have been baking all day and hides any other odor that might be lurking in out of the way places.
A week or so ago, I stopped by Yankee Candle Co. at the mall to pick up a new candle or two. They were just putting out their autumn candles and I noticed several new scents. I could not resist a little sniff â€“ they were amazing. Not sure I will be able to choose the next time I go. I may need all of them.
- Caramel Pecan Pie was my favorite because it really smelled like caramel and pecan. It was a strong scent that will be perfect for the holidays.
- Apple Pumpkin is lightly scented with ginger and cloves. It smells like Thanksgiving â€“ not too much apple or pumpkin but both scents are balanced. Yum.
- Whoopie Pie is a combination of vanilla buttercream and cocoa. It is warm and chocolaty. A lot of the time, chocolate candles donâ€™t have enough scent for me but this one was good.
- Seasonâ€™s Blessings has the fragrance of ripe fruit and spice. Pears, grapes, cinnamon, and cloves make it an autumn scent rather than a summery one.
- Treehouse Memories is a little like eating a piece of spice cake while walking through the woods on a crisp fall day. It has that scent of leaves and wood but they have added spice to it as well.
- Harvest Welcome is hard to define. It has a spicy pumpkin scent with maybe a woody, smoky note added to it.
What are your favorite scents and why?
photo credit: Katy Warner