Make Easy Chocolate Truffles for Valentine’s Day
Chocolate truffles are quite possibly some of the universe’s most luxurious candies. Deep chocolate, rich cream, and various flavors come together to create something completely decadent.
Surely they are too complex to create at home.
Nope. They are super easy.
This is probably one of the most basic, easiest recipes you will ever see. You can vary the type of chocolate you use or create a unique flavor by combining two or three types of chocolate. Add a little jam, crushed toffee, liqueur, or vanilla for flavor.
You can roll the truffles in cocoa, grated chocolate, finely chopped nuts, crushed peppermints, or anything else that seems delicious. With a little practice you can even dip them in chocolate or white chocolate coating.
This recipe makes about three dozen truffles.
- 12 ounces of chocolate chips or chopped chocolate – use bittersweet, dark, semi-sweet, milk chocolate, or a combination of any of them.
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, cut in chunks
- Flavorings as desired
- Cocoa or grated chocolate for rolling the truffles in
How to make the truffles:
- Bring the cream to just under a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the butter and chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Stir in a tablespoon of liqueur, a teaspoon of vanilla or any flavoring you like. You can also stir in marmalade or jam.
- Cover and refrigerate for two to three hours, or until firm.
- Use a melon baller and roll the chocolate into balls.
- Roll the truffles in cocoa or grated chocolate.
Place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator or other cool spot for up to two weeks.
image: marye audet