Having a child is not only an honor and blessing, itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s a great responsibility. ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s easy to get caught up in the day-to-day minutia of raising children, but what I want to focus on is teaching my girls the most valuable lessons.
I want to instill in my children the character building lessons. The lessons that will make them better, more fulfilled adults.
- Have faith in yourself, in your God, and in others. Faith will carry you through when reason fails you.
- Live life like failure is not an option; everything is possible through hard work and determination. There is no limit to what you can achieve if you are willing to make the sacrifices necessary to achieve it.
- Love with your whole heart every single time. Your heart will hurt when it is over but the feeling of loving and being loved is worth every hurt.
- Family is the most important thing in life. They will always be here to pick you up when you fall down, cheer you on when you want to give up and love you at your most unlovable.
- Travel and see the world.
- Try new things, and if you donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t like it the first time, try it again.
- Be honest with others and with yourself. Integrity is built on honesty.
There are many more that I could list but these are my top seven lessons that I would like to share with my girls.
If you had to pick one lesson to leave with your child, what would it be?
Photo Source: MJ/TR