Pinterest has taken over the Internet. I donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t know about you but my loss of efficiency at work is directly related to the day I signed up.
ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s great. When you are surfing images for decorating ideas, you can just save the images you like to your Decorating Ideas board and look at them later. Need dinner ideas? Do a search on Pinterest for main courses and you will have hundreds of images Ã¢â‚¬â€œ most with links to the site that offers the recipe pictured.
I was totally happy with that until I discovered other sites with the same idea but with unique differences. Here are some of my favorites.
Polyvore is a site where you can create outfits to your heartÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s content, including shoes, purses, makeup, and more. Best of all?Ã‚Â You donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t have to pay a dime to have the wardrobe of your dreams. O.k. it is a cyber-wardrobe, but all of the clothes are available somewhere. I like to put together an outfit and then copy the look with less expensive clothing.
I love Chip It! This program is from Sherwin Williams and allows you to put an app on your toolbar. When you see an image of a room or even an antique dish with a color combination that you like, you click the app and the website creates a color palette complete with the names of the corresponding paints. It is an awesome way to help you decide on the color combination for any of your rooms.
Other sites you might like if you like Pinterest are:
- NotCot is a site that is hard to explain. Urban, contemporary, unique.
- 500PX is a collection of fine art photography for all of you photographers out there.
- Dessert Stalking for those, like me, who are always in the mood to look at food porn Ã¢â‚¬â€œ especially of the sweet variety.
- TastespottingÃ‚Â is more food porn but with more of a variety in the types of dishes.
- Craftgawker displays pages and pages of fantastic craft ideas.
photo credit: PJ Morse