Need a new summer hair do that will keep you cool but not entail a lot of work? Not that I am lazy, but my time is limited. I absolutely love to have my hair pulled back during the summer but I refuse to rock a ponytail everyday of my adult life.
I chopped all my hair off last winter in an attempt to avoid this. I swore Iâ€™d not rock the pony again. But if you have long hair, it is really convenient to pull your hair back out of your face into a ponytail.
Iâ€™ve found an alternative that is cute and classy and as soon as my hair gets long enough again, I will be rocking this hair-do. Itâ€™s the side fishtail braid and itâ€™s perfect for running errands or lunching with friends. Itâ€™s pulled together but just loose enough to look sexy. This style works perfect with longish hair that has some wave to it.
Here are easy instructions to get your own side fishtail braid.
- Gather your hair to one side in a low ponytail, using a clear elastic to secure it close to the base of the neck.
- Create the fishtail braid by separating the ponytail into two sections.
- Hold one section; with your other hand, take a narrow strip of hair from the outside of the other section and bring it over to the one in your hand.
- Repeat, incorporating hair from one section into the other until you run out of hair.
- Secure with another clear elastic.
- With scissors, cut the top elastic off of the braid and with your fingers, gently pull the braid apart for a sexier look.
What is your favorite go to summer look?
Photo Credit: Love Maegan