Breakfast casseroles are a great way to have a hearty, fuss free breakfast on holidays, busy weekdays, or when you have company. They can usually be made the night before â€“ making it even easier.
This ham and potato dish is a delicious way to start any morning. Itâ€™s full of flavor with ham, potatoes, peppers and other ingredients that will make you feel like a gourmet.
I love these quick meals because it allows me to serve a big breakfast without taking up too much of my (precious) time.
Ham and Potato Breakfast Casserole
- 16 ounces of frozen hash brown potatoes
- 8 ounces of diced, cooked ham, bacon, or sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped, sautÃ©ed onions
- 1/2 cup chopped, sautÃ©ed red peppers
- 1 (4 oz) can of green chilies
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can of cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces of sour cream
- 1 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of Panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Butter a 9â€ x 9â€ casserole pan
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl and spread the mixture in the casserole dish.
- Mix the Panko and the remaining cheese and sprinkle over the casserole.
- Bake at 375F for one hour
This is filling enough to be served by itself but is also good as part of a big breakfast. Serve eggs cooked your favorite way, fried apples, and hot biscuits to make this an old fashioned country breakfast. Donâ€™t forget the coffee.
Do you have a favorite breakfast casserole? Please share!
photo credit: Brandon Schauer