Remember that moment that you first saw those two little lines on your pregnancy test? How it took your breath away? Finding out you are pregnant, no matter how much you planned for it, is still shocking. The moment that you realize that you are going to be changed forever is scary and exhilarating. You want to shout it from the rooftops.
How did you tell your partner? How did you tell your family? You donâ€™t get a second chance to make a first impression. Letâ€™s make it count. Hereâ€™s a few fun and creative ways to announce your exciting news to the people that you love the most.
- Buy a newborn sized football jersey, put your last name on the back, wrap it up and give it to your husband.
- Send out your yearly Christmas Cards with the older siblings wearing shirts that say, â€œI am the Big Brother/Sisterâ€
- Let your little one hand daddy a card and small gift box. The card will read, â€œHope you are ready for a few more years of diapers and bottles.â€ When he opens the box, he will see the pregnancy test.
- Take your husband to the movies. Arrange in advance to have your birth announcement run during the trailer previews. â€œComing soon, Summer 2013: Baby Smith!â€
- Text your husband the following grocery list: pickles, ice cream, prenatal vitamins and diapers.
- Take a digital photo of your digital pregnancy test that says â€œpregnantâ€ and email to all of your friends.
- To announce your pregnancy to family: at a family gathering, assemble everyone to take a group photo and instead of asking them to say â€œcheeseâ€ ask them to all say, â€œ*Insert your name here* is pregnant.â€
- Present your husband with a novelty coupon voucher (like the ones that say redeemable for one kiss) that says â€œRedeemable for one baby! Available: *Insert due date here!*
Photo Source: Esparta