A chilly margarita is a relaxing way to welcome in the weekend or put a sweltering hot day behind you. What happens when you add frozen banana and a little pinch of cayenne? Well, now you are talking a stay-cation.
This margarita is a little different from most. It is deliciously chilly – to the point of brain freeze. When you finish that first sip you get a tingling on your lips which quickly turns into a pleasant little burn. Hello, cayenne!
Be careful. This particular drink can become addictive. The instructions are for one serving – just double or quadruple if you will be serving more.
- 1 1/2 ounces good tequila
- 1/2 ounce Â Triple Sec
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 ripe banana, smashed
- 1 cup of ice
- Â½ teaspoon ancho chile pepper powder, chipotle powder, or cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Mix the cayenne (or pepper of choice) and sugar in a small bowl.
- Rub the rim of a chilled margarita glass with lemon juice and dip in the sugar mixture to cover the rim of the glass.
- In a blender combine the tequila, triple sec, lemon juice, banana, and the ice.
- Blend until smooth and slushy.
- Pour into a glass.
photo credit: marye audet