I’ve always been a “keep it simple” kind of girl. I’ve never lingered in the shower for an hour at a time or taken forever to get my hair just right.
Ok…so I’d be lying if I said that never happens. But as a mother to three, I don’t have the luxury of time most days. Especially considering that two of those three children are toddlers and are not so understanding that Mommy just wants to feel human by grabbing a shower and throwing on a bit of makeup.
So, what’s a gal to do to make it all work?
Well, I have an arsenal of go-to products that keep me looking polished in my daily life. This is not an all encompassing look underneath my bathroom sink – but these are the items I use every. single. day.Ã‚Â and the great thing is, they keep me looking refreshed instead of haggard.
Five Products that Leave the Haggard Behind
1. Clinique All About Eyes Concealer Ã‚Â - Unfortunately, for me, under eye concealer has become a must. It wasn’t always the case, but lack of sleep, birthing three children, life in the military – it all wears on a person. So, the time has come to lighten up those dark circles a bit.
When you start using concealer, just dab a bit under your eye where you see the dark spots and add a little at a time until you see the coverage you are looking for. A lot can go a long way depending on what you’re dealing with.Ã‚Â Concealer is also great for hiding blemishes as they pop up. Who knew those didn’t disappear with puberty?!
2. Neutrogena Powder SPF 20 – After I apply concealer, I always use powder to even out my skin tone. I happen to have freckles all over, so this smooths out any darker areas and gives me an even color all over. Add in some sun protection and I’m a happy girl. I’m not a fan of the greasy lotion sunscreens. I have yet to find one that works for me on a daily basis, so the powder is my compromise.
3. MAC Naked Lunch ShadowÃ‚Â - This particular shadow is great for a simple sheen on your lids. It’s neutral and will give you a natural glow. It is my go-to for daily wear. It brightens my eyes right up.
4. Eye Liner & Mascara – If I’m leaving the house, it’s rare that I leave without applying these two things. It’s amazing how tired eyes perk up with a smidge of liner and a touch of mascara. I’m not talking about glamming-it-up for date night eyes. Just a little will do to enliven your face and play up your natural beauty. Remember, we’re working on eliminating the haggard here.
5. MAC Lip Gloss – Ã‚Â This is my all time favorite lip gloss. I use Beux and it’s a great natural shade for daily wear. It has just a touch of shimmer and shine. Just enough.
Daily beauty doesn’t have to be a chore and while the above products may not be a perfect fit for you, find a few things that work for you along the same lines. Play up your eyes a bit, add a bit of shimmer to your lips and add an element of sun protection through your powder.
This beautyÃ‚Â regimen literally takes me minimal time. A quick flat iron through my hair and someÃ‚Â deodorantÃ‚Â for good measure, then I’m out the door in 20 minutes, and you can be, too.
Of course, this is assuming you got a shower sometime prior – which we all know doesn’t always happen. If it didn’t, factor in some dry shampoo, a touch of perfume and then, you’re out the door.
Image Source: Polyvore