For some reason, the bathroom and the kitchen seem to be the messiest rooms in the house â€“ unless maybe you have a teenage girl. While the rest of the house can wait for its weekly spiffing up these two rooms seem to be high maintenance.
Good news! You can keep the bathroom respectably clean by investing about five minutes in the job. If you can get the family to cooperate, it will take even less time than that.
- Alka Seltzer is one of the best toilet bowl cleaners and deodorizers ever. Drop two into your toilet bowl while you pick up dirty towels and clothing and put it in a clothes basket outside the door.
- Clear the counter of clutter. Have a basket or bin that fits in a cabinet to hold the clutter that doesnâ€™t seem to have a place.
- Spray the mirrors with rubbing alcohol and wipe them dry. Run water in the sink just to dampen it. Sprinkle cleanser in the sink and rub it in with a wet sponge â€“ just enough to make a paste.
- Spray the countertops and wipe dry, starting with the faucet and handles on the sink. Donâ€™t forget the light switch.
- Scrub the sink briefly and rinse the cleanser out. Rinse the sponge. Spray the outside, seat, and top of toilet with cleaner. Wipe it down. Spray a little cleaner on the bottom of the toilet on the floor and wipe it clean â€“ especially if you have boys.
- Swish the toilet bowl brush around the toilet bowl and flush.
- Empty the trash, make sure there is soap and toilet paper, and youâ€™re done!
Now, try to get the family in the habit of wiping the counter and faucets down after each trip to the bathroom. It will stay clean looking all week long.
photo credit: Â Terwilliger911