Category: Entertainment

21 Year Old DWTS Witney Carson Engaged

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 by No Comments

Professional ballroom and Latin dancer Witney Carson joined DWTS in season 16 as a troupe dancer. She continued in that role for season 17, and in season 18 was promoted to pro dancer.

In season 19 she was pared with partner Alfonso Ribeiro and won the mirror ball trophy. That same season she was also nominated for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Choreography.

That’s a lot to accomplish at such a young age, and now at age 21 she’s made a big announcement in her personal life. She’s engaged!

Witney has been in a long time, stable relationship with high school sweetheart Carson McAlister (23) from her hometown of American Fork, Utah. On Saturday, Oct. 3, he popped the big question and she said, “Yes!”

Witney posted the exciting news on Instagram by sharing a beautiful photo of the her and Carson embracing on the beach, along with heart and diamond ring emojis. She captioned:

“My love of four years @carson.mcallister proposed last night & I feel like the luckiest, happiest woman in the world. It was perfect, he’s perfect #engaged”

Carson shared a similar photo with Witney captioned, “Couldn’t be any happier to spend forever with my best friend.”

While many of us know Witney from DWTS, she was also a contestant on “So You Think You Can Dance” when she was just 18 years old. For Season 21 of DWTS she is partnered with “Big Time Rush’s” Carlos PenaVega.

If you you’d like to see more photos of Witney and Carson, you can find a ton of them on the couples’ social media pages as they’ve often shared cute pics of the two of them together along with adorable messages.

At such a young age the two of them certainly seem to have it together. I congratulate them on their engagement and wish them all the best.

Photo credits: instagram

Alfonso Ribeiro Agrees DWTS Handled Kim Zolciak Right

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 by No Comments

When reality star Kim Zolciak experienced a mini stroke, it left Dancing With the Stars fans speculating whether the 44-year-old contestant would be able to heal quickly enough to make it back on the show for the next competition.

Elsewhere in the media, some were even questioning whether or not she really had a mini stroke. The bottom line is that couldn’t make it back for this week’s competition, and as a result DWTS decided to eliminate her.

Kim Zolciak
I know some think this is harsh considering she had no control over whether or not she had a stroke, but in a competition, injuries often eliminate a contestant.

Whether it’s a baseball player who’s played well all year and gets hurt just before the playoffs, or someone dancing their best on DWTS, unexpected injuries or other health conditions can eliminate them without notice.

In the case of DWTS it feels a little different to tell a contestant they can’t stay in the contest because DWTS is also a popularity contest. Each contestant and the professional partners have a following.

In fact, that’s one of the reasons the show has done so well for 20 seasons. The audience is engaged. And so when Kim suffered a mini stroke, lines were drawn with some fans saying she should leave the show if she missed Monday’s completion and others hoping she’d get another shot.

When last year’s DWTS mirror-ball trophy winner was asked his thoughts on the decision to have Kim leave the show he said he agreed because it would have been unfair to the other competitors to make an exception to the rules.

In fact, on the night of Kim’s elimination, Alfonso told ET, “I think the show handled it right because it could have been Kim going home tonight. And would it have been fair for her not to dance, and still come back next week, and have someone else go home? That wouldn’t have been fair. […] the rules say, you can’t go the next week if you don’t perform. It truly is unfortunate that she wasn’t able to make it here to perform.”

Alfonso found himself in the same type of predicament as a contestant when he suffered a groin injury in 2014, and then again later in the season when he hurt his back during rehearsals.

Reports were saying he might have to drop out, but he ultimately danced through the pain during the semi-finals and went on to win that season.

And even though Alfonso agrees with the show’s decision based on the rules, he also admitted that he was a fan of Kim’s and disappointed things turned out this way for her.

Photo credits: Entertainment Tonight

Daniel Radcliffe Shaves Head for New Role

Posted on Sep 29, 2015 by No Comments

Harry Potter fans will barely be able to recognize Daniel Radcliffe as he’s taken on a totally different persona for a new lead role as a no-nonsense FBI agent by the name of Nate Forster.

Gone are his suave locks and facial hair. He has shaved his head for his role in the movie IMPERIUM and he shared a photo on Google+ for all to see. Along with the photo he posted:

“Hi Everyone

Here’s the first look of me as FBI agent Nate Foster in Imperium. We began filming the movie this week. I’m very excited about it and will tell you more about it soon!


Radcliffe shot to fame when he played J.K.Rowling’s boy wizard Harry Potter. We watched him grow up in that role, and even watched him change his hair styles over the years.

Now the 26 year old is ready to take on a more serious role, and his new style matches this new persona. In fact, he looks so completely different with a shaved head that I didn’t recognize him at first. Maybe because he also got rid of his facial hair.

The look works. He has certainly shed his innocent Harry Potter persona. For this new lead role, his character will be a FBI agent who infiltrates white supremacist militias in the U.S. and later stops the deployment of a dirty bomb.

The movie Imperium has started shooting and is based on a true story of FBI Agent Michael German, who accepted such a dangerous missions in real life.

Director Daniel Ragussis has turned to Michael German to help shape the role for Radcliffe who has wholeheartedly accepted the fact the role will change his looks.

I know not everyone will like it, but think about it. It’s a lead role. The kind of thing actors live for. And after all, Dan Radcliffe is just the actor who played Harry Potter — a lead role.

Photo credits: Most Wanted

Could Cote de Pablo Reprise Role as Ziva David this Season?

Posted on Sep 25, 2015 by No Comments

For NCIS fans, season 13 started out with Gibbs undergoing surgery after a bullet exploded in his chest. It has left him changed, and leaves us wondering how this season will play out.

Amid the questions on my mind is the unspoken question about Ziva David, who was played by actress Cote de Pablo. Is she coming back? I miss her, and I think the character Tony DiNozzo misses her, too. He hasn’t really moved on with his love life and the experienced changed him.

I’m not going to say I don’t like the new team producers have brought together, but it doesn’t have the same dynamics. First of all, the new female special agent added to the team, Ellie Bishop, played by Emily Wickersham, is married. That fact has eliminated the undercurrent of sexual energy that used to flow within the team.

If you’re a fan of the show and haven’t heard anything about Ziva, I’m warning you now that this could be a possible spoiler…even though I don’t know anything for sure. But the Hollywood Reporter’s Gary Glasberg, has hinted that we may possibly see Ziva David return this season.

He said, “Down the road, we’ll continue to delve into the love life of Tony DiNozzo, and there might be some surprises for people a little further down the road into the season on that one, especially for our diehard fans. I don’t know! We’ll have to see what unfolds. I’m not going to say a word — I’m just going to say we’ll definitely be getting into DiNozzo’s love life.”

Needless to say, such a tease rekindles hope in us diehard fans that we’ll see Ziva and Tony get back together at least on some level.

Glasberg says we should expect a very active season with characters getting out “to do some things that we haven’t done before.” But he also warns that with Gibbs, we can expect some “physical and psychological” changes.

Photo credits: wikimedia

Justin Timberlake Shares Baby Pics on Tonight Show

Posted on Sep 23, 2015 by No Comments

When celebrities are expecting we get glimpses of baby bumps and may even hear a story or two about life as a pregnant celeb, but once the baby is born they often disappear into a cocoon of privacy to enjoy the new arrival, recuperate, and to make the adjustment to parenthood.

At least today with social media, they often offer fans a peek at their bundle of joy. The other night, Justin Timberlake delighted fans as he shared pics of his son, Silas, on the Sept. 9 The Tonight Show.

Timberlake (34) is married to actress Jessica Biel (33) and they welcomed Silas, their first child, into the world last April. Timberlake talked to Fallon about being a dad and said, “It is the most insanely amazing, most beautiful, unbelievable thing that can ever happen to you. He was five months yesterday, [Sept. 8].”

Jessica Biel and son Silas

Jessica Biel and son Silas

The fact that he knew how old Silas is to the day shows that he is really engaged as a dad. The pictures themselves were of his wife with the baby in an elephant towel, himself holding the baby up to the camera, and one more that showed him and Silas watching the PGA Championship.

As he talked about his son and parenthood, he paused to remind viewers that Fallon has a book out called, Your Baby’s First Word Will be DaDa. He finished by proudly announcing that his son’s first word was “da-da.”

While Timberlake was at NBC to tape the Tonight Show, he happened to run into his fellow ‘N Sync boy bander, Lance Bass who was there to appear on the Meredith Vieira Show. The two hadn’t seen each other since Timberlake had become a dad.

While on the Meredith Vieira Show Lance said that his life-time friend opened up about how life had changed since becoming a dad, but Lance noticed changes of his own – of the best sort.

He said, “It’s been five monhs and it’s so amazing to see a friend go through this, because I grew up with him since he was 14 years old. But to see this amazing dad now…all he wants to talk about is the kid.”

Timberlake and Biel have been in a committed relationship since 2007, and married in October 2012 in Fasano, Italy. Silas Randall Timberlake is their first child together.

Photo credits: Anne Benner

“The Rock” Expecting Baby with Girlfriend Lauren Hashian

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 by No Comments

Dwayne Johnson, better known to fans as “The Rock” is expecting a child with his girlfriend of nine years, Lauren Hashian. Johnson also has a 14-year-old daughter, Simone, with his ex-wife Dany Garcia.

Speaking of Johnson and Hashian, an insider told Us Weekly, “They are so excited!”

The Rock seems to be very happy with Hashian. In a recent interview with Esquire he talked about “the Rock,” football, acting, working out, self-doubt, success, gratitude, and the love of his life, Hashian.

He said, “She’s a singer-songwriter. We spend a lot of time with my daughter in Florida, Simone, who’s 13. We do these stories [interviews] and we talk so much about the business end, the success end, but then Lauren isn’t mentioned and my daughter isn’t mentioned. I always like making sure we find the balance and my home life is in there and Lauren Hashian is in there and my daughter is in there. You gotta get the better half in there. With all the cool s–t and success that I’ve been lucky enough to get? That doesn’t happen unless the home life is solid.”

It’s refreshing to see a star of his caliber mention the importance of a solid home life, and giving Hashian credit where credit is due.

And speaking of home life, he also recently became the dad of two adorable French bulldog puppies by the name of Brutus and Hobbs. He admits they are quite a handful. In fact, over the Labor Day weekend, Johnson had to rescue the pups when they made a mad dash into the deep end of the swimming pool.

He definitely has a lot going on between his career and home life, but with his wrestling background, I’m sure he can handle it.

Congratulations to him and his girlfriend.

Photo credits: wochit Entertainment

Tyra Banks One Regret Is She’s Not a Mom

Posted on Sep 21, 2015 by No Comments

For those of us who have watched Tyra Banks build a successful career from supermodel to reality TV’s America’s Next Top Model, to talk show host, it seems like she has it all. But at 41 years old, Tyra admits her one regret is not being a mom.

The other day on her FABLife TV show, she hadn’t planned to talk about it, but when the topic came up she confessed that she’s wanted to have children for years.

She started by saying, “I’ve been wanting to say this for so long, and did not plan to say this today.” She talked about her own struggles. “I’m tired of seeing on social media, why don’t you have kids, why don’t you have kids. […] You don’t know what I’m going through. When I was 23 years old,” she said with an emotionally choked voice, “I said, ‘In three years I’m gonna have kids.’ Then I turned 24 and I said, ‘In three years I’m gonna have kids.'” She told her audience that she continued to say that year after year, but it didn’t happen.

In a recent interview with People she said, “Because my business is very entrepreneurial. I’m not for hire, so I have to do everything. I kept trying to find that time for that [getting pregnant] to happen”

Banks who is now 41 admits that “it’s not so easy as you get older,” and that she and her boyfriend of two years, photographer Erik Asla have wanted children and that she has undergone IVF procedures in hopes of conceiving.

She said, “I’ve had some not happy moments with that, very traumatic moments. It’s difficult as you get older. It’s not something that can just happen.”

You can tell it’s an emotional issue for the legendary supermodel but she’s not giving up. She says, “I hope [for kids]. I don’t want just one child. I want a litter! And I want to be the kind of mom where my child can come to me for anything.”

Photo credits: FABLifeShow

Kate Middleton Back to Work in Style

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 by No Comments

The Duchess of Cambridge officially ended her maternity leave this past Thursday when she showed up at the Anna Freud Centre in London in her first solo engagement since Princess Charlotte was born in May.

She looked tanned, relaxed, and sported the new fringe (bangs) everyone’s been talking about. She wore the same hairstyle a couple of years ago, and it suits her well, giving her a youthful updated look.

Kate Middleton Fringe
Her reason for the visit to the Anna Freud Centre was to learn more about how the Centre is helping change mental health care for children and young people.

She looked stunning in her black and white $1,944 Ralph Lauren belted shirtdress, and a light breeze played with Kate’s trendy new fringe as she greeted Michael Samuel, chairman of the trustees of the Anna Freud Centre.

The shirtdress showed off her slender waistline and is described on the Ralph Lauren website as the “Silk Austin Shirtdress” with a “supremely flattering fit.” In my opinion, it looked even better on Kate that on the Ralph Lauren model.

The Anna Freud Centre was Kate’s choice, and sources suggest it’s an interesting one that will set the tone of her work in the coming months as she explores mental health issues in children and emphasizes the importance of early intervention and a coordinated effort with family and in-school mental health services.

In his speech to her and other assembled guests, Michael Samuel, chairman of Trustees, said, “Your continued support on this very important issue will be an invaluable ingredient towards making the real and urgent progress which is necessary in this area.”

According to aides, the Duchess was looking forward to getting back to a limited program of engagements after enjoying the summer break with her two children Prince George (2 years), and Princess Charlotte (four months).

Photo credits: Andrew New A1

Howard Stern Says Goodbye to AGT

Posted on Sep 18, 2015 by 1 Comment

When Howard Stern joined “America’s Got Talent” four years ago, I have to say I thought it was a bad choice. However, the bigger shock was that once he started judging, he was the voice of reason.

Never in my life would I think I’d agree with the shock jock on anything, but he was the most level headed judge and had a real eye for talent. Now as season 10 came to a close, he revealed he was stepping down from the judge’s chair.

AGT ran a bit near the end of the finale showing Stern’s journey with AGT, and it was surprisingly emotional and heartfelt tribute shot in black and white.

It showed the 61-year-old Stern walking the streets of his native New York City, talking with people and showing his love for the city. People recognized him and were happy to see him.

It showed that his stint with the summer’s most watched series gave him a family-friendly likability, which stands in stark contrast to his off-color shock jock persona. He said, “You know what, I did the most shocking thing of my career. I did a family show.”

Stern first revealed that Season 10 of “America’s Got Talent” would be his last back in June on his radio show, but I didn’t hear about it until the finale. It really is disappointing news because the judges’ panel including Stern, Heidi Klum, Mel B, and Howie Mandel really worked well together.

According to what he said on his radio show, he has another television opportunity drawing him away.

That leaves us with the question of who will fill the chair next season. Speculation leans toward AGT’s executive producer Simon Cowell, probably because Stern brought up his name during his radio announcement. At that time Deadline reported that Stern said, “Simon Cowell wants it anyway. He would be good at it.”

While none of this is confirmed, The Sun is reporting it as a done deal saying that Cowell has already accepted the job for Season 11. Whether or not it is true, only time will tell.

Photo credits: wikimedia