It has been a while since I was the mother of a newborn, but I have a few favorite products that made our lives a little easier way back in the beginning and I have been recommending or buying them as gifts for expecting friends ever since.
Here are my top five must-have baby items:
1. My husband was a pro-swaddler and we both love aden + anais Swaddling Blankets. We received one as a gift at my baby shower and bought eight more! They are made from soft, breathable muslin fabric and have multiple uses; light cover at night, emergency burp cloth, stroller or car seat shield, tummy time mat, arm rest during feedings, etc., etc. I love them because they are so large (47 inches x 47 inches) and come in a variety of darling designs. We still use them.
Now aden + anais makes towels, wash cloths, sheets, bibs and they just launched a new skincare line called Mum + Bub that I must check out!
2. I sleep in plain white t-shirts, which I buy in bulk at Costco or Target and figured, why wouldnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t my baby? I fell in love with CarterÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s long sleeve bodysuits and side-snap tees. Perfect for after a bath, they keep baby cozy and not too hot and because they are white, they always look clean and fresh. I always bought a size too big for a roomier fit.
Carter’s is great for all baby, toddler and kids clothes and their sales are amazing!
3. Coined Ã¢â‚¬Å“the worldÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s first and only seat for babies who are not yet able to sit up on their ownÃ¢â‚¬Â, the Bumbo Baby Sitter, is super for helping to strengthen baby’s neck muscles while providing a little independence as they learn to sit up.
4. The Kiddopotamus Snuzzler Complete Head and Body Support, or as I liked to call it, my son’s “bear skin rug”. This ingenious design cradles babies in any over sized carrier providing a cozy comfort fit.
5. Pricey, yes, but oh so worth it, the BOB Revolution Jogging StrollerÃ‚Â has super sturdy off road tires that are perfect for sand or street. ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s nimble and rides smooth and has lots of spacious compartments for bottles, (baby’s and mommy’s) keys, phone, sunscreen and more. Plus, the see-through sun canopy is a nice added bonus for your baby’s viewing pleasure.
A common complaint about the BOB is that there are only two seat settings; reclined and laying down. This presents a problem for us because we have a son that likes to sit up and look at his surroundings, so I feel like there should be an easier way to help him be more upright and comfortable. We roll up a blanket for him and stick it behind his back to give him a little leverage and that seems to work.
I don’t know about you, but all this talk about baby products is making me itch for another newborn! Incidentally, the little guy in the basket above is mine.
What were or are your favorite newborn products?