There are lots of tips and tricks out there that make our lives so much easier and save a ton of time. I love hearing about them, and when I find new ones I get so excited and want to share them with every mom I know! Which is exactly what I’m going to do today. Here are some random tricks that will help you save time and money…and in some cases even your sanity!
No More Flat Soda
I know this is going to sound like you are causing your soda to go flat, but I promise this works if you are drinking soda from liter bottles . . . or any type of bottle for that matter. I don’t drink a lot of soda, but I do drink ginger ale and I am the only one who drinks it. A bottle will last me a couple of weeks because I don’t drink it everyday. But there’s a trick to keep it from going flat!
First of all, you’ll want to do this after you use the bottle for the last time of the day. What I mean is don’t do it after each use if you get into the soda more than once a day; just do it the very last time that you use it. Replace the cap and make sure it’s on tightly. Next, shake the bottle for 5 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 10 seconds. Put it back in the fridge until you are ready to use it again. The next time you open it, unscrew the cap very slowly, and you’ll hear the fizz being released. But it’s not going flat! As long as you do this every time you use the bottle, it will still nice and bubblyÃ‚Â until it’s all gone.
On-The-Go Baby Monitor
The holidays are here, and that means more trips to visit family and friends. And if you have a baby, that means baby sleeping in unfamiliar places. Instead of lugging your baby monitor around, there’s a cool app that can help! Baby Monitor by CodeGoo allows you to monitor your baby via an iPhone app. You just place the iPhone near your sleeping baby, if it detects noise, it places a phone call to the number of your choice (like dad’s cell phone) and then you can listen in for activity from your baby. Ingenious, right?! This just may be the best $4.99 you’ll ever spend.
Baking Soda: The Miracle Product
If you don’t know the power of baking soda, read ahead! Baking soda is inexpensive and can be used to clean, to deodorize, and to cook with. It’s seriously a mom-must-have! Here are just some ways to use it:
- Use baking soda in my washing machine with every load for extra cleaning power.
- Use it to wash your hair.
- Use it instead of harsh cleansers to clean your sink. And while you’re at it, dump some in your sink’s garbage disposal with some vinegar, and let it bubble awhile. Then rinse with hot water. And it’s cleaned and fresh.
- Place opened boxes in the fridge and freezer to keep them odor free…just change them at the beginning of every month.
- Use it in the litter box or at the bottom of the Diaper Genie. I also sprinkle it in the bottom of my trash cans to deodorize them.
What tips and tricks are your go-to’s?
Photo Courtesy of Arm & Hammer